we will. That was definitely a football match. Tottenham Hotspur traveled to West Ham to face David Moyes and new deal Lucas Paqueta. Tottenham took the lead in the first half thanks to an own goal from Thilo Kehrer, but Tomas Suczyk equalized immediately after the end of the first half and looked refreshed by both teams throughout the second half. Spurs managed to hang on to a 1-1 draw in a really disappointing performance overall, especially with matches now appearing once every three games until December.
I’ll be honest, my reactions to the match are going to be fairly quick and basic because this was a midweek match that started at 2:45PM ET and the day job always comes first. I really only watched this a quarter and not with any kind of superhuman focus. I’ll be watching the match again tonight and wish I had more things to say in the player ratings, but for now, consider this an open topic for you to talk about your points from the match. Which you do anyway, so I have no idea why you care so much about my opinions.
But for what it’s worth, here they are.
- I hate playing West Ham so much.
- Another unconvincing result, but this match was clearly the worst that Spurs had played all season. In the vacuum, a draw outside West Ham isn’t bad, but Tottenham didn’t look… well. This is worrying.
- The right side of Tottenham’s attack was ‘problem’ again today. West Ham knew it too because that’s where they tried to force Spurs out of the whole match. That was the real problem – Tottenham couldn’t pass anything through the wings, and again no one in midfield could pass.
- The reverse penalty kick was another example of why no one in England knew what handball was or how it should be called. The call was because she peeked into Cresswell’s face and hit his arm, this cancels out the fact that his arm was in an abnormal position. This may have been the right decision based on the rules, but the problem is that the rules are (still) really stupid. Pretty sure no one in the stands knows exactly why it’s the other way around.
- Nice first-half setup for the Spurs goal, even if the goal itself was pretty ugly. Kulusevski’s little pass into the box at the end was great, and it would have been easy for Sonny to get in if Kehrer hadn’t put it in himself. Kane liked to get close behind Deki for the pass too.
- Yves Bissoma was pretty poor today, especially in the first half. I’m not sure if it’s COVID or not, or he’s still learning The Patterns™, or what, but he seemed pretty loose on the acquisition. However, it covers a lot of spaces, so I hope it just needs time.
- Streak™ is over, may I criticize Davinson Sanchez now?
- No idea how this tackle on Hojbjerg was not a card; Didn’t even call it wrong! I can’t believe General Hu got up and walked after that, looking seriously injured at first. Obviously, he faltered in the second half.
- Fucking Diane Kulusevsky. This is it. This is the bullet.
- West Ham’s equalizer was just a bad defense all around. No one in particular can be blamed, everyone can be blamed equally.
- Richarlison was wonderful! Really impressive and active from the jump. I wish he had come 15 minutes earlier than he did. Spurs were begging for a power source and he didn’t get one. The madness of Conti. We made seven new deals with the first team this summer and Conte still hates the bench.
- I’m really curious to see what Conte will do in the next match against Fulham.
- xG in this match was WHU 1.33 – 0.63 TOT. feel right.
#West #Ham #Tottenham #Tottenham #scored #frustrating #draw #London #Stadium